Sunday, March 30, 2008

Discouraged

I'm sorry that I've been so distant this last month. I honestly haven't had the time or energy to write. But I've also been afraid to write. I'm not exactly sure as to why. Just some insecurities creeping up on me. I've typed a few entries and then given up on them shortly before posting.

These days are interesting. I'm finding myself in a twist of emotion that I feel very guilty about.

I have dreams and things to do to pursue those dreams, but my time is consumed with other activities. I find myself spending most of my time cleaning up after my toddler, washing and folding clothes, unloading and reloading dishwashers, cooking meals, putting 5-piece sippy cups together (yes we finally are on sippy cups, and I don't know why they are so complicated either - don't the manufacturers know that moms have a million other things to do besides reassemble sippy cups?), paying bills, call utility and insurance and credit card companies because their invoices are incorrect, grocery and supply shopping, vacuuming, bathing dogs, mopping the floors, picking up things out of place, etc. Even when my child is napping, I'm doing things for my husband, such as calling the realtors, or checking grammar on his emails and reports.

All of these things I don't mind doing. They keep our lives going. But my melancholy heart wants to have time to pursue my business.

And then on the side, my husband has 3 different ideas for other businesses. When I ask "who will run these businesses?" His reply is always "Well.....you." I quickly have to put him in his place to tell him that my heart is not in those passions of business. But he then replies with "But its a no-brainer!!!! Do you know how much money we'll make?" I don't care, honey. I've spent my whole life post poning the things that I want to do for the sake of what other people want to do. Please, for the love of God, I just want to do what I want to do.

We found out a few weeks ago that our landlord is selling this house that we are living in to her sister and that we must be out by June. House hunting has kicked into high gear for us now, but unfortunately, even in this slumped over housing market, we can't find anything that is going to fit our needs. I'm hoping that one day soon, the Lord will provide us with something that is so blatantly obvious to be our home that we can't deny. This little town doesn't hold much hope.

In my days, I don't have much time to read any more. I'm not being challenged. I'm struggling with loneliness at home. I feel forgotten. This world is passing me by and I'm just waving at the train as it leaves the station....

2 comments:

{Emily} Hey Sisters! Photography said...

Oh golly! I'm sorry you're feeling this way ... I wish I could give you a hug and make it all better! But you know, whether you write a little or a lot, you make a difference ... and ... your dreams and goals are just as important as your husband's. I can imagine with a child it makes things THAT much more difficult, but the thing that I’ve always told myself, is NEVER GIVE UP, even in the MOST difficult adversity. I know that’s easily said then done, but you have talent … and I can imagine you have MANY other talents as well! I am only privyed to this one … writing! I read this quote once, and I am guilty of this time-and-time again, but it says, "...too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are..." And the thing of it is, you’re exactly what you need to be at this moment in time. Perhaps it’s not entirely where you pictured yourself, but, please know that it’s in the small things that change and making a difference can happen … somehow your dreams and goals shift, and in those little moments, you truly understand why you had to experience that moment or that ‘slow-time’ … I don’t know if I’m making sense … I’m rambling … but I just really want you to know that even though this season is difficult and your time is limited, God is still preparing you … He is just waiting for the right moment to make all your dreams come true … so hang in there friend … the best is yet to come … Be VERY Blessed! ~Emily

Anonymous said...

I just read this post...have you been able to find new housing since you wrote this?
You mentioned lonliness...if you're like me, it comes and goes here's a post a wrote last month when I was in the throes of lonliness :

http://hearttoheart.wordpress.com/2008/04/24/when-the-winds-of-hell-blow-through-my-lonely-soul/

YOu mentioned you're a young mom w/ a little one...just between you and me...that is the hardest job on the planet...